The Union Archives of HKUSTSU was established in the Union Session 2017-2018 in accordance with the newly-enacted Archives and Record Regulations (ARR). With its operations monitored by the Council, the Union Archives aims at preserving documents and records within the Union, allowing free access to such records as a means to enhance the transparency of Union operations, and demonstrating the evolution of the Union.
The Council Chief Secretary, as the Keeper of the Archives, is responsible for the Archive’s day-to-day administration, as well as the acquisition and curation of documents and records. All documents and records kept in the Archives shall be preserved safely, and should be made freely accessible to the public.
The following documents and records are required under the Regulation to be preserved in the Archives, in hard and/or soft copy form.
- The Union Constitution and its amendments
- Rules and Regulations established by The Council and their amendments
- Records related to Referenda or General Meetings
- Publications of The Executive Committee
- Documents of The Executive Committee and its Standing Committees
- Publications and documents of The Editorial Board
- Meeting paper of The Council
- Documents of The Council’s Standing Committees
- Judgements issued by the Court
- Public notices issued by sub-organzations
- Constitution of affiliated societies
- Any documents and records deemed to be of historical value
Most of the materials kept in the Archives are categorized as “Official”, meaning that they are freely accessible by members of the Union and the public with no strings attached. Upon provider’s request and the Keeper’s approval, documents and records collected may be categorized as “Confidential” if they contain sensitive contents, or contents that are intended for internal circulation only. Under normal circumstances, “Confidential” materials shall be withheld from public access for 5 years since creation, and such period can be extended to last for a maximum of 8 years. Once the withholding period ends, “Confidential” documents would be declassified.
The Archives 檔案庫
The bricks and mortar Archives is currently under construction, appointment for visitation will be available in due course.
Collection Development 館藏展建
The Union is actively seeking donations or contributions from members, affiliated societies and alumni in the development of its collection. Please contact the Keeper of the Archives at email@example.com for arrangements.
學生會歡迎同學、學會及舊生提供相關檔案收藏於檔案庫內，有關提供檔案事宜，請向檔案庫管理員查詢。如有垂詢或需要協助查閱檔案，請電郵至 firstname.lastname@example.org 與管理員聯絡。